BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I did it, now it's your turn

By Chelsea Nelson


The other day I went sand boarding for the first time. I was quite nervous because I was unsure about what to expect. At first I was photographing my friends do it but naturally, I was pulled into the action. Immediately my heart started to race and I could feel it beating hard right up in my chest as if it wanted to run away from what lay up ahead. As soon as I stood on that damn board, it moved! It felt like I was on ice. Without delay I jumped off. I took a careful step back on, found my footing, and moved myself along slowly, gaining speed as the hill got steeper. This whole sand boarding thing takes a little while to get used to, but it really gets your adrenalin pumping- especially when you start going down the steep, high dunes. Once falling down a couple times, you have no excuse not to take a dive into the sea as typically, you end up with sand in almost every orifice. Refreshing as it may be, if you stay in the Port Alfred sea for too long you may just turn into an ice block. Even though sand boarding was not exactly on my to-do-list, I would recommend putting it on yours.

0 comments: