BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 25, 2009

An exercise in creation


“But I don’t want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin.” To understand the meaning of these words one has to know that they are spoken by a man reacting to a society in which people are created in labs and conditioned to enjoy unthinkingly whatever they are designed to do.
            What to do with life is probably a question seldom raised between the routine occupations of study, career and family keeping. It is also a question that some do not have the luxury to ask because their minds cannot wonder from the task of filling their stomachs and keeping warm. This is not to undermine the value of their lives, as the adaptability of humans probably allows that they have a similar range of experiences, despite having different circumstances.
            Here, however, I address those who are more disposed to tackle fundamental presumptions about life. With people like Eckhart Tolle and Aldous Huxley behind me I push for a revolution in the way we use our bodies and minds. I propose dissolving self-created limitations and taking a step towards evolution of humans. The best asset people have is their imagination. With a change of focus we can become more attuned to the subtle ways in which the substance of life swirls and pulsates. And with a lot of effort from our lazy minds we can give birth to new realities.

0 comments: